Friday, April 13, 2007

Mogwai: Webster Hall, New York City (05.12.2006)


I've always been a big Mogwai fan, and find their music one of the best things to design listening to. However, this image doesn't feature any Mogwai content, even though perhaps it feels as if it does, or should. I'm always looking for methods by which to recycle previous projects, and this turned out to be one of those opportunities.

The image of the torso and arm are actually of Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode. I took the image from a photograph I had taken of one of the giant plasma screen projections during the Depeche Mode set at the Coachella Festival 2006. The background explosions were shot separately, they are from the 2006 July Fourth fireworks display, as seen over the city from the Hoboken side. Composited together I was able to create something which strangely seemed to fit for Mogwai's music, even though the original sources were very different indeed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

where can i purchase this?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Matthew Shadbolt said...

Hi Angry,

Drop me a message at matt@algorithmdesign.com and I can work out the details re: sizes etc. with you if you're interested in buying one of these.

Best wishes,
Matthew

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home